Saturday, July 27, 2013

Avocado Soup

I've been too distracted lately to post and too hot to cook. I've been preparing cold meals of different kinds and remembered a wonderful Avocado crab soup I used to enjoy at a neighborhood Mexican style restaurant long gone.

Needing to play in the kitchen in spite of the heat I came up with this delicious version.

Avocado Crab Soup

Ingredients:
2 Ripe Avocados
2/3 cup Yogurt
2/3 cup Milk or Almond Milk
1 1/2 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
2 Artichoke Hearts (bottled)
1 tbsp minced Onion
2 tbsp chopped Cilantro
1 tsp ground Roasted Cumin
a pinch of Cayenne
a pinch of ground Chipotle
a dash of Tequila
1/2 cup of chicken stock
Lump Crab Meat
Pico de Gallo
Salt to taste

Blend all of these ingredients except the Crab in the blender. Garnish with crab meat, about a tablespoon or 2 per bowl, and top with Pico.

I served these with fish tacos and Tequila Espolón on the rocks with a lime wedge. I delightful summer combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment