Sunday, July 28, 2013

Boodles Gin

In looking at the top shelf Gins available in my area's state stores, I came across this Gin.


One thing that attracted me to it was that it states it has been distilled four times. This includes a triple distilled base of English Wheat. A clean liquor is a good liquor and those hearts are close to mine.

The other thing that attracted me was the price, which was almost $10.00 below Bombay Saffire and the Tippler, while a picky, picky eater and drinker, is a painfully penurious penny pincher. That said, I found this to be a very nice, high quality Gin; invitingly herbal and woodsy with an initial aroma of sage, nutmeg and cassia bark. Nice nuanced but present juniper behind the assertive spice and herb flavorings. This Gin is much like the Saffire but lacking in the Angelica root.

It works well with that Ramos Gin Fizz as well as with Q Tonic. Quite nice in the torpid heat of a Southern summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment